Earlier this week Evolution Motorsports launched the "Bump Stick". Todd Zuccone, founder and president of Evolution Motorsports, was on a TV shoot with the EVOMS 997.2TT when he realized that the OEM PDK shifter just didn't look or fell like it belonged in such an amazing Porsche."
In fact, Zuccone went on to explain what many others have felt, that the non paddle shifter design of the OEM PDK shifter just "doesn't motivate you to want to use it." I couldn't agree more. As much as I love PDK and know that it is faster than manual shifting, you do lose some of that "connection" to the road; that's why I think this is such a great idea for a product. While we haven't yet tried it ourselves, the design looks spot on and I love the mix of carbon fiber and billet aluminum.
EVMS Bump Stick is Race Inspired Design and Street Car Refined
- Ergonomically positioned shifter with a more natural height
- Improved driver feedback with a precise connection while shifting
- Enhanced driver interaction for more driving excitement
- Retains all OEM functionality - does not impede Navigation or Audio operation
- Quality, race engineered components; designed for the driving enthusiast
- CNC Machined Aluminum and Carbon Fiber replaces the OEM plastic shifter
- Direct replacement for the OEM 987, 997, 997TT PDK shifters
- One Hour Installation – with included easy to follow installation instructions
- Available in clear anodized aluminum (as pictured) or black anodized aluminum
- "Pre Sale" special pricing through May 31st is $599.00
- Launching in June 2011 at $699.00
Check out the the for more information about the company and their other tuning products.
Related Porsche Posts
Used Porsche Parts
Porsche Doppelkupplung (double clutch) or PDK Explained
[Source: Evolution Motorsports]