If you're anything like us, or like most other Porsche owners we talk to, you're always on the hunt for your next Porsche. Even if you're not actively in the market, it's still fun to "window shop" and see what's happening in the market. Our normal haunts include eBay, and . Here's a quick tongue-in-cheek guide on how to translate some of the more common phrases you're bound to run across in any Porsche classified.
How to Interpret Porsche Classifieds
- "Celebrity Owned" = My price is way too high, but I'm hoping the fact that "insert Seinfeld or some other celebrity name here" used to own the car will excite you so much that you won't notice.
- "Used on Weekends Only" = I can't use it during the week as it's always in the shop being repaired.
- "Never Driven/Seen Rain" = It leaks when it's wet out.
- "No Tire Kickers/Serious Inquiries Only/Price is non-negotiable" = I'm not really interested in selling, but if you pay my crazy high asking price I might sell my car to you.
- "Rust Free" = No extra charge for the rot
- "Ran When Parked" = I have no idea what the point of this one is. Did they lose the key?
What about you, can you think of any expressions and a possible interpretation for them? Let us know!