Most of you know Larry of AMMO NYC as the go-to-guy for detailing hi-end sports cars. More importantly, for all of us, Larry's also a HUGE Porsche fan. His personal car is a 964 C4 and through his work and experience has become quite knowledgeable about our favorite marque. As the person that cares for the best and the rarest Porsches in the world, Larry routinely shares his knowledge and experience online via his YouTube channel. Take this video below for instance. Larry started out with the intent of documenting the detailing process of a very rare Porsche 964 C4 Lightweight - 1 of only 22 ever produced. However, after taking his paint meter to the car, Larry quickly realized if he polished this Porsche he could do more harm than good. What results is a short little lesson that details a time in Porsche's history where the company was doing all they could to stay alive and cars like the Porsche 964 C4 Lightweight were the result.
Porsche 964 C4 Lightweight Details
- 1990 Porsche 964 C4 Lightweight
- Only 22 built
- Conceived and designed by Jürgen Barth
- 770lbs lighter than standard 964 C4
- doors and front hood replaced with aluminum versions
- side window glass replaced with plexiglass
- carpeting and sound deadening removed and left as bare metal
- removed heater box
- added a short ratio 5-speed tranny with lightweight flywheel
All this resulted in a Porsche producing 265 horsepower from a 3.6 liter engine. Total weight was reduced from 3252 lbs to 2430 lbs.
*Featured image courtesy of