200 MPH? 210 MPH? Getting closer. When it comes to land speed records speed is measured to the fifth decimal place (hundred thousandths). So when Carl Fausett's Porsche 928 hit 216.63537 MPH, that was more than enough to capture the title of World's Fastest Porsche 928 (previously set at 206 MPH).
Specifications of the World's Fastest Porsche 928
- 6.5 Liter 32v V-8 built by 928 Motorsports
- Composite high-flow intake runners
- Custom intake system with 12.6 Liter twin plenums
- Electrtive TecGT Engine Management system
- Distributorless ignition
- Pistons: Arias Custom forged w/graphite impregnated sleeves
- Engine static and dynamically balanced to within 0.1 gram
- Heads extensively ported and flow-benched
- Stainless Steel valves, race springs, titanium keepers
- Custom gear-driven supercharger with 928MS Patented Impeller
- Transaxle: 5-speed Borg-Warner Euro w/LSD, 2.20 FDR
- Torque Tube: Custom lightweight aluminum by 928MS
- Clutch: 928 Motorsports GT1 Twin Disc Clutch, Aluminum flywheel
- Wheels: 5.0 x 15, custom steel wheels
- Tires: Goodyear 28x15x4.5 on rear, 23.5x15x5.0 on front
- Springs: 928 Motorsports complete Hypercoil kit (1200 lb front, 1000 lb rear)
- Sway bars: Custom sway bars and Adjustable Drop Links by 928 Motorsports
- Exhaust: Jet-Hot coated headers and custom lightweight SS dual exhaust
- Body: 928 Motorsports complete composite front clip
- Furo Racecraft 8-point Chrome Moly Roll Cage
- Two Halon Fire Suppression System systems
- Weight: 4675 lbs as raced
- CHP: 900 Torque: 825 lb ft.
- Top Speed: Approx 240 MPH
- Underbelly: Custom complete belly pan by 928MS
- Rear Diffuser: Custom complete rear diffuser by 928MS
- Height: 30mm at front of chin splitter, 70mm at back of rear diffuser
Fausett's next goal is to work on traction and down force in order to take advantage of all that horsepower. If he can find away to get that power to the ground he'll most likely have a great shot at breaking another record, the blown gas modified record set at 231 mph. Blown gas modified class is for any modified car that runs only gas. This Porsche 928 qualifies.
Related Porsche Posts
Is a Porsche 928 a Recession Proof Investment?